We all love the taste of fresh nutrition banana. The recipe is easy to make, and it’s a delicious way to use up those overripe bananas sitting on your counter. But did you know that banana bread can also be a nutritious meal? Just by adding some healthy ingredients, like nuts or seeds, you can boost its health benefits even more! This article will show you how to make nutritional banana bread with just four simple steps:
Ingredients Nutrition Banana Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, or 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk 3 large eggs 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Nutrition Banana Bread in a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (if using). Add vanilla bean seeds or vanilla extract. Mix in buttermilk and eggs until well combined. Slowly add oil while stirring with a fork until the batter is smooth. Gently fold in blueberries by hand just until they are distributed throughout the batter.
Directions Nutrition Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Pour into two greased 9×5 inch loaf pans, filling each about 2/3 full (you can also use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper). Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with some crumbs attached (the top will be golden brown).
- Let the meatloaf rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This recipe makes two big loaves. If you’d like to make four smaller loaves, use two 8×4 inch pans and only bake for 30-35 minutes.
This recipe nutrition banana bread can also be made into meatballs. Just use an ice cream scoop to portion out the meatloaf mixture, then roll it into balls by rolling it between your palms. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees until browned.
The Recipe Nutrition Banana Bread Can Be Modified
You can modify this recipe to fit your dietary needs.
- Substitute whole wheat flour or wheat germ for the all-purpose flour. If you do this, add 1/2 cup more liquid (water, low-fat, or non-fat yogurt) because whole grain flour absorbs more moisture than refined flour.
- Replace brown sugar with honey for a healthier version of nutrition banana bread that still tastes great! Honey has antioxidants and other nutrients that are good for you too! If you use honey in this recipe, decrease the amount of sugar called for by 1/2 cup (since honey is sweeter than granulated sugar).
I hope you enjoyed reading this article and learned something new about making banana bread. It’s a great way to get some healthy carbs into your diet. But did you know that banana bread can also be a nutritious meal? Just by adding some healthy ingredients, like nuts or seeds, you can boost its health benefits even more! This article will show you how to make nutritional banana bread with just four simple steps.